Monday, August 18, 2008

Retro Owl Card, Pendants, and Tip for today!

Retro Pop Art Owl ~ Birthday Card


The stamps on this card are "Pop Art 70's Owl Mate - J452H", "Retro Leaf - J297B" and "Retro Tiki Design - J299C"

What I did was cut a piece of beige card stock to size. Then I picked out a piece of ribbon (Michael's bargain bin) and chose my color scheme based on it. I then stamped the striped and diamond shaped images directly onto the card stock, with olive and blue dye ink. (Theses "stamps" are from scraps of rubber that I saved, and mounted onto a wood mount to make bold retro backgrounds.) I then stamped the leaf on the top and the tiki design on the bottom with art print brown dye ink. I laid the ribbon across the center and taped it on. Then I stamped the owl with art print brown dye ink on a piece of orange card stock, and then cut around it in a rounded shape. I sponged the edges and then taped it to a square of brown. I cut around that in an off kilter rounded edge, and then sponged those edges. The I taped it on the card. On the inside I wrote, "Happy Birthday! Hope it's a HOOT!"


TIP: Save your scraps of rubber, when you buy unmounted stamps! You can cut these into whatever shape you wish, and create your own background stamps!




Customer Craft!!!!



These fabulous pendants are by Eileen Bellomo
She used our retro owl border rubber stamp.
"I acquired some domino-like game pieces at a craft fair and finally got aound to doing something with them. I stamped them with Stazon, added embossing powder, heat set them, and used alcohol inks to color the owls. I glued on a bale, and instant pendant!"
Check out her blog for more cool crafts!
http://artsaveslives-paperqueen.blogspot.com


See more cards, crafts and rubber stamps at www.sideshowstamps.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

great owls! very vintage looking.